Monday 18 November 2013

Shit just got real...

 I got let go from my job. "Budget restrictions" at work means that my budget is now restricted... severely.
I've had my pity party, sooked, cried and wondered what the hell I was going to do.  

 Me: How am I going to pay for my personal loan? How am I going to pay off my car? How will I pay my share of the mortgage repayments? How will I buy food? What am I going to do?! *insert ugly sobbing here*

 Mr P: Find another job.

 So. Simple. My first thought was to thank Captain Obvious for his shitty input, but then I stopped and thought how damn right he was. Just get another job! Crying and playing the woe-is-me card will get me nowhere while being proactive and treating it like a new opportunity will take me everywhere! In fact, I started looking at it as a challenge. Where could I be frugal as hell and still feel like I wasnt depriving us of the things we liked and enjoyed doing?

 Universe, challenge fucking accepted. We have an entire house to finish, an expensive shopping habit that needs to be broken and a budget that needs to be set out. Gotta go guys, frugality is screaming my name and I will make it my bitch! Watch this space.


Jess xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow, horrible to hear that you've lost your job but seriously, way to be positive about it!!! I hope you find a really great job very soon.

    Mr. P sounds JUST like my husband. Bah, men

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! It'll be up here soon, I just need to make sure no spamming bastards are getting through. Cheers!